It’s midway through the semester and your GPA sits at 3.4. What does that really mean? Can you ease off or should you step it up and work a little harder over the next few weeks? Keep reading to find out.
- A 3.4 GPA, or Grade Point Average, is equivalent to an B+ letter grade on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- This means is equivalent to 87-89%.
- The national average GPA is 3.0 which means a 3.4 above average. It may be difficult to raise your already high GPA, but if you’re determined you can make it happen.
Is a 3.4 GPA good?
High School Students:
A 3.4 GPA will look good on your college applications. Being above the national average of 3.0 will work in your favor come admission time. That said, it’s a good idea to round out your college application with high standardized test scores and plenty of extra curricular activities to support your strong GPA.
A 3.4 GPA is high enough to get your application considered at many graduate schools. Even though your GPA is high, it’s important to further strengthen your application with high GMAT scores, a good internship and impressive letters of recommendation.
How can I raise my 3.4 GPA?
Raising a 3.4 GPA may be a bit of a challenge, as it is already quite high. But if it’s important to you, make a plan and you can make it happen!
- Look Things Over: It’s easy to make mistakes with so much work on your plate so take time to look each assignment over after you’ve completed it and before you turn it in. A little extra time to catch any errors will pay off in the long run with a higher grade.
- Study First: You likely have a lot on your plate, but right now isn’t the time to take on anything extra. Set aside time to study before playing sports, socializing or even volunteering. If you’re working hard to raise your GPA you need to make study time a priority.
- Focus on Your Hardest Class: With an above average GPA even one single low grade can really bring you down. Spend extra time on your hardest class. You may even want to touch base with the teacher to see if there’s anything you can do to further raise your grade.
List of Colleges with average GPA of 3.4 or less
|School||State||SAT 25||SAT 75||ACT 25||ACT 75||Avg GPA||Accept %|